9.06.2011

iDo: Brides Wedding Genious App for your iPhone

My oh my!  It's been a while...I apologize, dear readers.  I have been one busy gal!  I barely had time to check my email, let alone bring you any fresh wedding inspiration.  Which got me thinking- how do you do it?  How do you have the time it takes to plan a wedding?  And, more importantly, in age of technology, how can it be any easier? 

Just last month Conde Nast, publisher of Brides Magazine, brought out a new app for the iPhone: Brides Wedding Genius

Apparently the former version had some bugs which have been remedied.  So, I downloaded version 2.0.  So far, so good.  The basic version is free, but has some great upgrades for nominal fees.  If you're all about keeping your life organized in your phone, this app is for you!

The basic (free) version offers galleries of wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, engagement and wedding rings, and travel destinations.  It's not terribly helpful.  But, if nothing else, may be a great way to peruse some ideas while sitting in line at the MVA.  Plus, if you see something you like, you can put it in your "Inspiration Folder" or share it with family and friends via email, twitter or facebook.
The upgrade gets you the "Task Tracker," a planning calendar based on your wedding date.  It offers a variety of features including assigning tasks to people (via email), status updates, and tips for each suggested task.  For example, you can pick a dress, find a local vendor (based on your location), and schedule an appointment to try it.  You can also sync data with their website and share that information with others, such as your wedding party.  Check it out, let me know what you think!  Happy Planning!

1 comment: